Our client is one of the world’s largest and most prestigious law firms.
Their London-based US Debt Finance practice offers commercial, insightful advice from capital markets specialists on the full range of equity, equity-linked and debt capital markets transactions across jurisdictions globally.
Their Debt practice is broad based, and acts for lender, borrower and advisory clients on high-profile and complex acquisition, public bid and event-driven financings as well as corporate debt finance across the bank loan and private placement markets, both secured and unsecured, and in both developed and emerging markets.
The debt practice in London is now expanding due to increased client demand and are looking for a Junior Associate to assist primarily in US Debt Finance work.
In this role you join the team in advising clients on:
- The US aspects of various corporate and acquisition financing transactions.
- UCC Article 9 issues including drafting and negotiating New York law opinions.
- High yield bond covenants.
- US private placement transactions.
- Fund financings and term loans B.
You will also act for lenders and borrowers in relation to general corporate and acquisition facilities, and assist in drafting and negotiating loan agreements
This is a tremendous opportunity to grow your US debt finance career with a market leader. In order to be considered you will have:
- An excellent academic background, a JD from a leading US law school, and NY bar qualification.
- 1-2 years’ experience with a leading UK or US firm working on acquisition and/or leveraged finance and/or debt capital markets.
- A high level of relevant experience, preferably with experience of acting for lenders at an established firm.
- Strong legal skills, including drafting, negotiation and project management skills; foundation level people management and business development skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with clients and colleagues alike and a readiness to take responsibility and use your initiative.
- A good commercial understanding including of knowing the basics of law firm profitability and key drivers for financial efficiency; and ability to help manage costs and budgets.
A JD from a leading US law school and New York bar qualification are requirements for this role, which attracts market-leading remuneration (“Cravath” level salary, and a generous COLA allowance). Candidates meeting the requirements and currently in the US wishing to relocate to London are welcome to apply and a sponsorship package will be available.