Our client is a fast-growing and very highly regarded international law firm. The firm has received international recognition from a number of publications across the world, recognising the firm’s strong leadership, clear strategic vision and strong management of finances, growth, and talent.
With a strong reputation which spans the globe along international trade routes, their Trade and Commodities litigation team acts for some of the world’s largest commodity and natural resources companies. They assist in disputes and advisory work in relation to a wide range of international trading issues, including anti-bribery, corruption, anti-money laundering and compliance and sanctions. In addition, they’re often asked to lead internal investigations which arise where potential violations are alleged to have occurred.
Due to increased demand, the team are now recruiting for an additional Senior Associate (at least 5 years’ PQE) to join the London team and work on a wide range of matters.
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- A strong academic background
- Received training and at least 5 years’ post-qualification experience (though candidates with less experience will also be considered) from a highly regarded UK or international firm in commodities disputes
- Ideally, also some experience of sanctions and/or investigations in a High Court or arbitration setting
- The ability to handle a broad range of problems in the commodity space
- Preferably, fluency (to business level) in at least one European language (in addition to English)
- A commercial, client-focused approach, and be ambitious, positive and willing to work as part of a team