A leading developer of integrated information solutions for the professional services market are now looking for a Technical Consultant on a 12-month fixed term contract based in Australia.
The Technical Consultant is responsible for providing high quality consulting services to clients and maintains an in-depth knowledge of the technical feature characteristics of our client’s products and the IT infrastructure required by clients to operate them. Technical Consultants use their infrastructure expertise to provide best practice recommendations and technical consulting services. They also undertake project work including software installation and upgrades. Production upgrades and go live assistance may require some work outside standard business hours.
- Providing billable consulting services to clients (predominantly law firms) in determining system requirements and performing installation and upgrades.
- Conducting Technical Requirements workshops with client project and IT teams
- Defining system technical requirements for assigned projects and work with Project Management to translate requirements into specific plans and tasks in line with the implementation methodology
- Producing required project documentation (eg Technical Requirements Documentation, Activity Recaps etc)
- Actively pursuing issue resolution and communicate project issues to stakeholders (eg other consulting team members, Support Desk, Project Manager, Client) to ensure that issues affecting projects are quickly and effectively resolved
- Working collaboratively across different departments and groups within a matrix organization
- Delivering projects within scope according to budget and schedule
- Maintaining an up to date functional knowledge of the software and prerequisite hardware, software and infrastructure products and solutions
- Working as part of a distributed, virtual team and contributing to the learning and development of team members and participating in team and internal initiatives and projects
Skills and experiences required:
- 1-3 years’ experience in similar role with similar responsibilities
- Experience with Legal Financial, Document Management and/or Case & Matter management software system implementations an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or similar tools
- Demonstration of the consulting skills required to be successful in a client facing role.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written skills with the ability to communicate intricate technical and procedural matters to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Systems Administration experience with Windows Server, SQL Server, virtual and physical hosts and Networking
The company are offering a competitive salary, along with a bonus.