We are acting for a prestigious international law firm. Their Intellectual Property practice throughout the world is renowned, and the global team works seamlessly with clients and other firms across time zones and jurisdictions to provide unparalleled advice and assistance in litigation, transactions, risk management and strategic matters, both local and international in scope.
Their London-based patent litigation team works across the pharmaceuticals and healthcare, telecoms, technology and consumer products sectors, often acting on cases that are novel and key for their clients’ industries. The team does more than just manage proceedings in multiple jurisdictions: they advise clients on appropriate strategy from the outset, and coordinate litigation in every jurisdiction involved. Their global networks enable them to obtain access to the best specialist local advisors, while providing single point of contact for seamless, commercially relevant advice.
The team is consistently busy, and as such are now looking for an additional mid-level (most likely 2-4 PQE) Associate.
In order to be considered for a role in this this sought after team, you will have:
- Trained and probably gained between two and four years’ post-qualification experience within the Intellectual Property team of a City, international, or specialist Intellectual Property firm;
- Relevant experience in tech disputes covering all aspects of intellectual property, with a strong capability in relation to patent disputes in particular;
- A genuine interest in innovation and technology, and ideally a STEM educational background in physics, engineering, computer science or similar;
- Willingness to learn and the ability to work hard;
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach;
- First rate drafting skills;
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment; and
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner.
This is a tremendous opportunity to work within the specialist IP team at a major international firm.