Our client is a major international law firm. Their tax team works with significant global players across a range of industries including construction, energy, natural resources, shipping, international trade and insurance on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious tax law, including the tax aspects of:
- Corporate transactions – private and public mergers, acquisitions and disposals and joint venture structures.
- Financing transactions – facilities, bonds, structured financings, derivatives, equity investments.
- Real estate transactions – VAT, SDLT, ATED, CIS, Capital Allowances; tax-efficient employee incentives – EMIs, SAYEs, CSOPs, LTIPs.
They are also involved in tax-related litigation including taking cases to the First-tier Tribunal and bringing claims for negligence advice. In addition the team has considerable experience of negotiating and dealing with HMRC on behalf of clients and agreeing settlements with them, and advise regularly on tax planning.
Due to the make up of the team, there is now an opportunity for a Senior Associate to join the team in London. For the right person, this position comes with very real partnership prospects.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
- A strong academic background and training/PQE gained from within a recognised tax practice.
- Probably at least six years’ post-qualification legal experience in contentious and non-contentious tax.
- Ambition, gravitas, technical skill, patience and dedication to progress your career with the firm.