We are working with a leading City firm who are looking to secure a Tax Lawyer (Corporate and/or Real Estate Tax) for a contract of 3-12 months in duration. The role is to start ASAP and will assist the team during a period of increased workflow. Whilst the role is to start ASAP, they are willing to wait for the right candidate should they be subject to a notice period of up to 12 weeks.
In joining the team, the successful individual will work alongside notable Partners within the market and will be afforded a varied caseload covering a range of tax matters. A high level of responsibility, autonomy and client contact alongside the support and supervision of Partners where necessary, can be expected.
The tax team are experienced in advising clients on a full range of corporate and real estate tax matters covering structuring the tax efficient acquisition, ownership and disposal of shares, securities, and real estate (in both the commercial and residential sectors); the interpretation of double taxation treaties; taxation aspects relating to M&A transactions and the application of transfer pricing rules. Their client base includes high and ultra-high net worth individuals with assets in multiple jurisdictions; institutional investors; funds; property companies as well as International, UK, European, US and Asian based businesses.
Ideal candidates should have a broad tax background covering both corporate and real estate tax matters, however, if candidates have a bias to corporate tax or real estate tax then this will also be considered.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Qualification as a solicitor in England & Wales, or another commonwealth jurisdiction (such as New Zealand or Australia, for example)
- Upwards of 2 years’ PQE in handling a broad tax caseload (corporate tax and/or real estate tax)
- Tax experience gained from notable City, International or leading national firms
- A keen eye for detail
- The willingness to get stuck in, work as part of a team as well as working effectively autonomously
- The ability to start a contract role for 3-12 months in duration