Our client is the London office of a major US-headquartered global law firm. The firm represents some of the world’s leading companies, advising on cross-border transactions, international commercial disputes, and regulation. Their lawyers are highly rated for their legal expertise, based on global client relationships and local market understanding.
Having recently hired at a more junior level into the team, the firm is looking for a Senior Associate to join its Structured Finance practice and to assist on a wide range of transactions, including securitisations, non-performing loans, corporate trust, derivatives, project finance, alternative finance, and social impact finance. The firm advises all major transaction participants (arrangers, originators, issuers, lenders, borrowers, buyers, sellers, servicers and trustees) in relation to all types of structured finance and structured product transactions across multiple jurisdictions.
This is a tremendous opportunity to take the next step in your career within a leading law firm. In order to be considered you will have:
- Trained and probably have gained at least 5 years’ post-qualification experience in a well-regarded City firm.
- Relevant experience including experience of capital markets, structured finance and structured products, including securitisation (CMBS, RMBS, auto loan and consumer receivables), non-performing loans and loan portfolio sales, corporate trust and agency, alternative finance, derivatives, project finance and social impact finance.
- Experience of advising arrangers, dealers, originators, issuers, trustees, lenders, borrowers, servicers, agents and investors in a wide range of debt instruments, structure finance, securitisations, high-yield bonds, finance and project finance.
- Experience reviewing and drafting the relevant documents in structured finance transactions, such as offering memoranda, trust deeds, security documents, servicing agreements and all applicable ancillary documents.
- Familiarity with credit facilities, including facility agreements, fee letters, investor letters and related security agreements.
As well as the above technical skills, you will also have:
- A high degree of sector knowledge and commercial awareness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and drafting skills.
- A self-confident, proactive, pragmatic approach to tasks and projects.
- The ability to work well in both a team and individually, and to interact/build relationships with people at all levels.
- A desire to be proactively involved in business development and marketing with a view to handling networking and client contact from the outset.
- Effective time management and a solid understanding of how a law firm works as a business.
The firm’s Structured Finance team is highly collegiate and often works across other practices and offices within the firm. This is a broad structured finance role. Candidates should expect to handle client contact from the outset and be proactively involved in business development.
Solicitors with experience gained in London are preferred, but high-quality candidates from other jurisdictions with relevant structured finance experience would also be considered.