This dynamic international specialist high-end dispute resolution law firm is looking for an additional Associate with native or bilingual fluency in Spanish, to be based in the London office.
The firm specialises in complex disputes, and has particular expertise in competition, financial services, and human rights law. They act almost exclusively for claimants and the client base is diverse, ranging from multinational corporations to SMEs and private individuals.
The role will involve:
- Assisting on the day-to-day management of claims for damages resulting from infringements of competition law in the UK and in the Netherlands and other European jurisdictions, working alongside local lawyers.
- Dealing with all aspects of case management, including supervision and management of junior fee earners.
- Taking responsibility for day-to-day client liaison, alongside the supervising partner where appropriate.
- Leading and overseeing large scale disclosure exercises and obtaining of witness and expert evidence.
- Showing good awareness of settlement considerations and strategy at all stages of the litigation.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
- Native or bilingual fluency in Spanish.
- Strong academics and a high level of intellectual rigour.
- Training and probably between 2 and 4 years’ PQE gained within the disputes department at a leading international law firm, ideally with some exposure to competition litigation.
- First rate drafting skills.
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment.
- Resilience under pressure.
- The ability to deal with clients in a relaxed and confident manner.
Ideally, you will have experience of actions involving multiple claimants and/or defendants (experience of dealing with funders/insurers is also desirable, but again, not essential).
This is an exceptional role within a very highly regarded specialist law firm.