Our client is an entrepreneurial boutique, focused on providing clients in the maritime sector with advice on dispute resolution that preserves commercial relationships. Marine specialists all and with years of experience from much larger firms, the firm’s Partners are experts in their field and rated in industry publications.
The Partners’ plan for the firm is to grow organically, but they are not looking to replicate the firms they came from and feel there is room in the market for a smaller specialist firm. They are currently recruiting Senior Associates and assisting them in building their own network of clients and moving into the firm’s partnership themselves. Culture is important to this small firm; they appreciate the importance of life outside work and will reward all contributors to the firm’s success by way of annual bonus. They would also be interested in candidates who are already Partners, and perhaps interested in moving to a smaller firm.
This is a superb and unusual opportunity for a Senior Associate or Partner looking for a small firm with a collaborative approach and genuine career progression prospects. In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
- Training and probably at least 5-6 PQE in shipping disputes work;
- A deep understanding of the maritime sector(s);
- A strong academic background;
- Proven technical skills in contentious shipping-related matters;
- Strong legal, analytical and matter management and execution skills; and
- A proactive and confident approach with a high level of initiative.