Our client is a well established international law firm with offices across Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the US.
They are well known for providing a full range of market-leading legal services across their chosen sectors and are particularly highly regarded in the world of shipping.
Their Shipping finance group is known for handling some of the most complex and high value work in the world. Almost all of the transactions they’re instructed on include a cross-border element, and they advise a mix of clients on both the lender and borrower side on shipping finance and finance projects, finance structuring, off balance financing, problem loans, distressed debt and charter structures.
Clients include a range of banks and other financial institutions, governments, P&I clubs, private investors, owners, operators and arrangers.
The firm is known for taking care of its Associates’ careers and promoting strongly from within. Due to ongoing demand for their services, the Group are now looking to add an additional Junior – mid-level Associate, most likely between Newly Qualified and about 4 years’ PQE level in their London office.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Excellent academics.
- Training and having either recently qualified (with a seat in/interest in non-contentious maritime law) or with up to 4 years’ post-qualification experience in shipping finance work, ideally from a City or international law firm (foreign-qualified lawyers with relevant PQE would also be considered).
- Proven technical skills in non-contentious shipping/offshore financing and related transactions.
- A well-practiced understanding of the maritime sector.
- Strong legal, analytical and transaction management and execution skills.
- A proactive and confident attitude with a high level of initiative.