A leading global law firm are now looking for a Sharepoint Microsoft 365 Developer on a permanent basis. This is a new position within the firm’s global software development team which will require the candidate to administer, develop and maintain software using SharePoint and the wider Microsoft 365 suite of technologies.
- Liaising with stakeholders in order to gather project requirements and how they can be best implemented within a SharePoint, Teams and wider Microsoft 365 environment.
- Developing and delivering projects using tools such as SharePoint Designer, Visual Studio, and the online Microsoft 365 tools such as the Power Platform or Developer Portal.
- Maintaining and delivering improvements to existing SharePoint sites and workflows as required.
- Having a good understanding of SharePoint Central Administration and the relevant Microsoft 365 Admin Consoles, including troubleshooting where issues occur.
- Working collaboratively as part of a team to achieve business outcomes, maintaining constructive working relationships with IT peers.
- Contributing to discussions and decisions on software architecture and SDLC practices and implement improvements to benefit the business.
- Upgrading existing software as the organisation’s needs change
- Providing 3rd level support to in-house developed applications
- Ensuring that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with their regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experiences:
- Commercial experience in the following technologies – SharePoint 2013, 2019 on-premise, SharePoint Online, including usage of the SharePoint Framework to deliver solutions;
- Web Development front-end frameworks such jQuery, jQuery UI, Knockout, Angular, React HTML5, CSS3 technologies, including LESS and Responsive Web Design
- Strong commercial experience developing workflows in SharePoint Designer, Visual Studio or using third party software.
- Ability to develop and deploy SharePoint solutions and web parts using Visual Studio and SharePoint Online Administration.
- A tertiary qualification in a software development subject or be able to demonstrate equivalent commercial experience.
- Effective team-working, communication, and interpersonal skills, maintaining and building working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think efficiently and creatively.
Desired skills and experience:
- Administration of Teams and other Microsoft 365 apps
- Experience with the Power Platform suite of applications, notably PowerApps and Power Automate
- Familiarity with PowerShell within a SharePoint and Teams administration context