A leading international law firm are looking to expand their IT function with a senior systems engineer. This firm provides innovative legal solutions to many of the world’s top financial institutions and Fortune Global 500 companies. They have a strong global presence and reach because of their extensive capabilities to provide a personalized service for all their clients’ needs. This role can be based out of in multiple offices in the USA (New York, Washington D.C, Los Angeles).
Purpose of the role:
The firm are hiring for a Senior Systems Engineer who is dynamic, passionate and committed to growth within the firm and have a desire to acquire knowledge of new technology. The successful candidate will play a crucial role as a senior level generalist, working alongside other experienced professionals. Your expertise in core infrastructure technologies, including networking, storage, compute, messaging and mobility systems, database systems, cloud-based services, and operational security, will be instrumental in developing, implementing, and maintaining expert technical solutions for both new and existing systems.
- Designing, implementing, and managing Firm systems, such as networks, storage, MSSQL, Exchange, physical and virtual servers, Active Directory and Group Policy, Certificate Services, authentication systems, and remote access and mobility systems.
- Administering and supporting cloud-based systems and related services, such as Azure and Office365.
- Overseeing and ensuring optimal performance of systems, performing frequent and long-term maintenance while adhering to established IT Service Management best practices.
- Providing expert escalated technical support and internal mentoring for network and system operations across the organization.
- Preparing and distributing technical documentation for all assigned systems and projects, including processes, procedures, troubleshooting guides, training materials, and change management logs.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with IT external customers, vendors, and partners.
- Being available for overtime, on-call, and/or non-standard hours, and travel as required.
- Handling additional related projects as needed.
- Cisco network certifications (CCNA, CCNP), or equivalent.
- Microsoft system certifications (MCP, MCSE), or equivalent.
- NetApp data management certifications (NCDA) or VAST Data equivalent.
- Extensive experience with ITIL based IT Service Management procedures, with preference given to those familiar with the ServiceNow platform.
- Expert proficiency in designing and implementing IT infrastructure systems in large-scale Microsoft Windows-based enterprise environments.
- Expert proficiency in Active Directory design, support, and administration, with a focus on least privilege and tiered security models.
- Expert proficiency in IP networks (LAN/WAN, SD-WAN, MPLS, VPN, VLAN, WiFi) design, engineering, and management.
- Expert proficiency in network and storage design and maintenance (SAN – Storage Area Network, NAS – Network Attached Storage) using vSAN and VAST Data technologies.
- Expert proficiency in a variety of systems, servers, and protocols, such as Cisco, Citrix, VMware/VCF/vSAN, TCP/IP, DNS, and Active Directory.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft OfficeSuite.
- Advanced knowledge of PowerShell.
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise backup software.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degrees in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field (preferred).
- At least 8 years of technical experience, with a minimum of 5 years’ building and supporting complex network operating systems and advanced networks.
*Covid-19 Vaccination Required*
The firm offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and a great platform to progress your career.