This is a new and exciting opportunity for a Senior Risk and Best Practice Manager to join a dynamic Risk and Best Practice team. This role is based in either their London, Bath or Oxford office. As a Senior Risk and Best Practice Manager, you will play a vital role in promoting and embedding a culture of compliance within the firm. Reporting to the Director of Risk and Best Practice, you will be responsible for managing the firm’s risk and compliance arrangements, policies, and procedures. Your expertise in compliance matters, including the SRA Standards and Regulations, data protection, and anti-money laundering will be essential in providing guidance to Partners and staff.
- To lead and mentor a team, including the Anti-money Laundering and Client and Matter Inception Manager, offering coaching and training to enhance their skills and performance.
- Managing the firm’s AML compliance framework, investigating high-risk matters, and making reports to the NCA when necessary.
- Handling complex compliance queries, and escalating risk issues to the Risk Committee for resolution.
- Overseeing projects and workstreams within the Compliance Plan, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and industry best practices.
- Collaborating closely with departments to provide guidance on compliance implications and support commercial objectives.
- Assisting in the creation of KPIs and performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of compliance controls and propose improvements.
- Engaging in ad-hoc duties as required from time to time.
- Extensive experience in managing risk and compliance within a legal environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the SRA Standards and Regulations, data protection, and anti-money laundering.
- Experience in managing and coaching a team.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.