Our client is a pioneering Fintech Firm that provides clients with access to individual, professional, and institutional brokerage services in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. They are a world-class provider of multi-asset Fintech products, including liquidity solutions, In-House tech hubs, and online trading platforms.
Their mission is simple: to deliver accessible online trading products around the world through education and accessibility.
Their Licensing Team is currently looking for an experienced Senior Licensing Assistant based in Dubai.
As Senior Licensing Associate, you will be working closely with the Managing Director of Strategy and the Director of Licensing. The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Managing the regulatory licensing projects initiated by the Group
- Analysing particular jurisdictions’ legislation, regulation, rules, and procedures to map the regulatory licensing process and advise the Director of Licensing accordingly
- Informing the Group’s Directors about any material legal issues and matters related to licensing across the Group
- Providing day-to-day advice on the applicable laws, regulations, and procedures for licensing requirements across different legal judications to the Group’s Director of Licensing
- Requesting and sharing legal advice concerning any implications for the Group’s strategic decisions to evaluate its direct or indirect impact on licensing
- Creating and maintaining an internal Licensing Library, including business plans, white papers, market research, previous applications, etc
- Analysing “buy vs apply” options to obtain regulated financial licenses per targeted jurisdiction
- Assisting and supporting the Director of Licensing with drafting legislation for ministries and authorities on both digital assets and margin trading
- Working closely with the local Compliance teams on licensing projects
- Negotiating and drafting all agreements between the Group and licensing consultants and engaged third parties
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with external counsel engaged with regulatory licensing matters
Required education and experience:
- Profound knowledge and understanding of the law. A law degree would be an advantage
- Experience in providing consultative and administrative support to Senior Management stakeholders, while managing own time and communicating effectively to all relevant parties
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional decision-making abilities
- Strong project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, all with a focus on attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and provide solutions to obstacles as and when they arise