A leading global law firm are now looking to recruit a senior leader to join their Legal Project Management team on a permanent basis. This is an exciting time to join the firm as developing more efficient ways of working lies at the heart of the firm’s current strategy.
This role will largely support their Finance, Projects and Restructuring team. Over the past several years they have significantly grown the renewable energy work within this space, and they are looking for a candidate that would like to continue supporting and growing this book of business.
The Senior LPM will demonstrate strength in three key areas: firstly, recognised as an excellent practitioner with a track record of delivering major legal projects (matters) in a large law firm; secondly, to be an ambassador for Business & Service Delivery (BSD) and the wider Service Areas with a proven track record in delivering holistic solutions to complex legal projects; and thirdly, leadership of a specific workstream directly linked to the strategy of the BSD team.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Acting as an ambassador for BSD both internally and externally.
- Providing supervision, development, and support to the LPM and LPSO community as required.
- Being responsible for a specific workstream or sub-function of the LPM team.
- Providing Legal Project Management support in any of the offices as required.
- Working alongside the lead Partner and core legal team to support on project delivery.
- Coordinating work effort, scoping, pricing, planning, fee monitoring and reporting, status reporting, liaising with clients (where agreed), tracking scope changes, liaising with specialist departments and potentially other offices.
- Promoting the services of the Business and Service Delivery team as well as those of other Service Areas as part of a holistic solutions-based approach.
- Working with a Legal Project Management tool to set up and track the status of each project.
- Researching working processes through discussions with fee earners.
- Analysing of work product to identify any tasks that could be done by different/other resources.
- Introducing new working efficiencies where appropriate and develop improved processes, tools and systems.
- Rolling out improvements and solutions through coaching and training sessions
- Consultancy role in work product re-engineering.
- Supporting fee-earners to ensure they have accurate information and support available to them.
- Identifying and proposing to the central management team any future needs and identified improvements to the firm’s systems and approach.
- Developing strong working relationships with other departments and teams including Finance.
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience leading projects and strategic initiatives.
- Minimum of 1 year delivering large scale projects in a large law firm.
- Prince 2 or similar qualification is an advantage but not essential.
- Having worked “client side” is an advantage but not essential.
- Preferably experience of working in a large international organisation.
- Analytical and strategic mind set.
- Financially aware and numerate.
- MBA or similar qualification is an advantage but not essential.
- Strong computer skills and experience in using MS Office tools (in particular Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer).
- Technology savvy – able to use various other IT tools to support efficient working processes.
- Demonstrably strong stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to grasp tasks quickly and work autonomously.
- Flexibility to adapt to different activities.
- Good mentoring and leadership skills.
- Collegiate and team-based approach.
- Customer focussed with desire to improve working practices.
- Analytical and strategic mind set.
- Effective problem solver.
- An ability to quickly prioritise between competing demands.