This is an exciting opportunity in London to join an international Law firm’s Business Acceptance Unit and implement change to ensure conflicts are avoided or properly dealt with. Your role will be to Assist the BAU Managers in the Conflicts team with monitoring workload and allocating work to the global Conflicts team. Amidst this, you will be a crucial team member that can identify and take responsibility in conflict searches which require more detailed analysis. You will also be a key advisor on advising the team where processes can be improved, and make recommendations on where the conflicts database can be enhanced.
- Taking responsibility for individual matter inception request submitted via business acceptance system, and then monitoring the progress of such requests to conclusion.
- Analysing the information submitted by fee-earners in matter inception requests. Applying relevant laws, regulations and internal compliance policy to matter inception requests covering varied and wide-ranging work types.
- Performing relevant database searches to satisfy the firm’s internal regulatory requirements (e.g. in relation to conflicts of interest and anti-money laundering).
- Assisting in upgrading the firm’s business acceptance policies, processes and systems where needed in response to developments.
- Providing guidance to the Conflicts Analyst team with regard to any more complex conflicts issues, including dealing with queries and issues referred “up chain” by Analysts.
- Developing knowledge and experience of existing global regulatory requirements relevant to business acceptance.
- The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified lawyer.
- Strong Analytical skills are essential.
- Possess a good understanding of legal business, transactions, applicable rules and impact on work of a business acceptance unit.
- Has some supervisory experience and confidently supporting an Analyst team in meeting day-to-day objectives.
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting deadlines at speed.