This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Compliance Officer to join the London office of a multinational Silver Circle law firm. They will be involved in the more complex compliance tasks, advising fee earners and working on ad–hoc compliance projects to drive constant improvement across the board. A key part of this role is liaising with various internal and external stakeholders, working to meet deadlines, and overall growing their knowledge of compliance processes within the business.
- Reviewing and advising fee earners on escrow agreements from a compliance perspective.
- Reviewing AML compliance and liaising with fee earners to ensure that outstanding information is requested.
- Undertaking conflict check analysis, identifying legal and commercial conflicts.
- Undertaking PEP, Sanctions and background checks as required.
- Maintaining registers including process agency matters, gifts and hospitality, data protection, PEPs and enhanced risk matters.
- Monitoring the workflow and allocating as necessary.
- Dealing with ad hoc queries, including requests for reopening files and background/company checks.
- Training new joiners on the Firm’s AML policies and procedures.
- Keeping ahead of regulatory changes, and providing training and support to the relevant offices.
- Assisting with the maintenance of AML policies and procedures.
- Providing mentoring and training support for the junior team members.
- Supporting the Director of Risk and Compliance with ad hoc projects, updating policies and procedures and tasks associated with the introduction of new regulations/legislations.
- Communicating regularly with, and immediately reporting any problems or potential areas to, the Compliance Manager and Director of Risk and Compliance.
Key Skills and Attributes required:
- Proficiency in anti-money laundering policies and regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, and professional association guidance.
- Conducting Conflict and CDD checks.
- Familiarity with SRA rules.
- Strong organisational and attention-to-detail skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Effective communication and confidence.
- Capacity to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple priorities, and adapt to changing tasks in a professional manner.
- Willingness to take on new tasks and responsibilities with a strong service-oriented mindset.