Our client is a leading diversified manufacturing consortium in the Middle East. Due to an increase in work they are looking to hire a Senior Legal Counsel with at least five years’ experience of commercial contract law, ideally with some exposure to manufacturing/chemicals/engineering/heavy industry.
Candidates will be experienced commercial contract/corporate lawyers and able to handle all aspects of commercial transactions, including creating transactional and other legal documentation, and delivering timely, comprehensive and high-quality legal support to the business.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Negotiating, drafting and providing legal support in relation to a range of contracts, including Sale and Supply Agreements, Memorandums of Understanding, Letters of Interest, Confidentiality Agreements, Marketing Agreements.
- Negotiating, drafting and provide legal support relating to supply chain matters including Contracts of Affreightment and Time Charter Agreements.
- Offering counsel on a variety of legal issues, including shipping, logistics, and marine matters including disputes (demurrage claims / product contamination), legal risk and liabilities, compliance and Antitrust matters.
- Providing general legal advice and interpretations of contracts/agreements and working alongside other departments within the company.
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that may affect the company.
- Providing training workshops in order to increase awareness within the company of legal and compliance matters.
- Engaging and Managing outside counsel as appropriate.
- Providing leadership and mentoring to more junior members of staff, particularly Saudi apprentice lawyers.
- Handling Compliance Reviews, Compliance Trainings and Workshops.
A background of working in Saudi Arabia/the wider Gulf region is not essential but would be highly regarded.
Candidates will be exposed to extremely high-quality international work and receive a very rewarding compensation package. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your career with one of the major players in the Kingdom.