Our client is a leading diversified manufacturing consortium in the Middle East. Due to an increase in work they are looking to hire a Legal Counsel with at least five years’ experience of commercial contract law, ideally with some exposure to manufacturing/chemicals/engineering/heavy industry.
Candidates will be experienced commercial contract/corporate lawyers and able to handle all aspects of commercial transactions, including creating transactional and other legal documentation, and delivering timely, comprehensive and high quality legal support to the business.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Negotiating, drafting and providing legal support in relation to a range of contracts, including: Sale and Supply Agreements, Memorandums of Understanding, Letters of Interest, Confidentiality Agreements, Marketing Agreements;
- Negotiating, drafting and providing legal support relating to supply chain matters including Contracts of Affreightment and Time Charter Agreements;
- Offering counsel on a variety of legal issues, including: shipping, logistics, and marine matters including disputes (demurrage claims/product contamination), legal risk and liabilities, compliance and Antitrust matters;
- Providing general legal advice and interpretations of contracts/agreements and working alongside other departments within the company;
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that may affect the company;
- Providing training workshops in order to increase awareness within the company of legal and compliance matters;
- Engaging and Managing outside counsel as appropriate;
- Providing leadership and mentoring to more junior members of staff, particularly Saudi apprentice lawyers;
- Handling Compliance Reviews, Compliance Trainings and Workshops;
A background of working in Saudi Arabia/the wider Gulf region is not essential but would be highly regarded.
Candidates will be exposed to extremely high-quality international work and receive a very rewarding compensation package. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your career with one of the major players in the Kingdom.