Our client, a fast-growing and very highly regarded international law firm, is a go-to advisor for the insurance industry.
Their specialist teams, covering the whole gamut of insurance specialisms, and headed by some of the most renowned and sophisticated lawyers in the market, provide the highest quality advisory and dispute resolution services to their clients: international reinsurance and insurance companies as well as many of the leading syndicates and businesses in the London market. They have been involved in preparing wordings for some of the market’s most complex policies, and handling disputes which have shaped insurance and reinsurance law over the past 20 years.
The practice stretches worldwide, and covers contentious and non-contentious matters as well as both life and general insurance across a broad scope, including complex major claims as well as volume services, and across every class, including aviation, casualty and healthcare, energy and engineering, financial institutions/D&O, fraud, professional indemnity, cyber, property, political risk, regulatory risk, surety and marine.
Due to client demand, a vacancy has come about in particular to assist with the reinsurance team’s core work – high value and complex arbitrations on a range of matters related to reinsurance contracts.
This role will feature broad-ranging coverage work, including:
- International insurance and reinsurance disputes.
- Advising insurers and others on liability and regulation.
- Drafting and advising on insurance and reinsurance wordings, and on global insurance programmes covering multinationals.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
- Qualified as a solicitor or barrister in England & Wales or another relevant jurisdiction (for example New York).
- At least five years’ post-qualification experience, and a desire to continue to grow your specialism in insurance and reinsurance coverage law and disputes.
- Strong attention to detail, a willingness to learn and ability to work hard, along with a common sense, down-to-earth approach.
- First rate drafting skills.
- Commerciality and the aptitude to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment.
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner.
Lawyers qualified in a jurisdiction other than England & Wales with relevant experience would be very welcome – the firm is able and willing to sponsor if required.