An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Analyst Developer to join a successful law firm on a permanent basis. This role sits within the Business systems team and will involve developing, enhancing and supporting business applications alongside a team of finance and systems analysts. This role will be supported by two Developers so you should be comfortable mentoring and offering guidance to them.
Main responsibilities will include assessing overall requirements and determining options for how the solution may be engineered. You will also prepare functional design specifications, prototypes for evaluation, and describe data that can be used to test the solution. Report design / information visualisation will be very important along with strong design, UI, development and SQL skills.
Main areas of focus:
- Key technical resource for Systems and transformation projects
- Delivering IT applications to meet business needs
- Collaborating with project managers to ensure that applications are delivered in the timescales expected
- Helping to deploy applications to the firm by following the firm’s deployment strategy
- Preparing technical documentation as required
- Providing support to live systems
- Working with and helping direct external consultants / suppliers if required
- Software applications to mobile and desktop users on a Microsoft Windows platform
- Technical analysis and supporting documentation
- Solution outlines and detailed specifications
- System functional design, non-functional requirements, and interface specifications
- Documentation for deployment configuration, handover and operational support
- Test data design and key test scenarios
- Prototypes and evaluation systems (quick return on investment / minimum viable product)
Technical skills required
- Experience working with a variety of programming languages
- Experience in SQL including writing efficient queries, stored procedures and ETL etc
- C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net.
- Data integration experience is an advantage
- Report design / SSRS & Power BI experience.
- Good knowledge of XML.
- Experience using web services and APIs built on REST and using JSON
To be considered for this role you will need to be self-motivated, enthusiastic and proactive. It is also important that you have strong prioritisation and organisational skills and that you can work well under pressure.
The company is offering a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package.