Our client is a very highly regarded City of London firm, with a strong reputation for advising a client list including well-known brands from the technology, fintech and fashion industries.
Their high-profile Litigation team advises clients on a wide range of business disputes; with a focus on providing results-driven solutions and minimising the risk and uncertainty which can come with contentious matters.
The team and firm’s position in the market means they rarely face the type of conflicts issues which can limit other firms’ dispute resolution teams. For this reason (and for their high-quality reputation), they are often referred work larger firms are conflicted out of. Rest assured, although the quality of work is akin to the top of the market, the billable hours targets and friendly, supportive culture are not!
The Litigation team is very partner-led, and in order to support their growing Securities Litigation practice are particularly interested in recruiting an additional mid-level (3-5) PQE Associate.
In this role, you will be working at the forefront of developing securities litigation in the UK. You’ll assist in identifying potential recovery opportunities for shareholders in UK public companies, act on third party funded cases, and by using innovative alternative fee arrangements with clients and funders, enable institutional investors to participate in securities litigation with no downside risk or cost to their balance sheet.
In order to be considered for this role, you will:
- Be an England & Wales qualified lawyer experienced in securities litigation with probably 3-5 years’ PQE, ideally gained within a leading City, West End, or strong regional firm.
- Have a strong academic background and strong foundation legal skills, including drafting, writing, negotiation and project management.
- Be adaptable, and enjoy being a trusted business advisor to clients.
- Understand the business of law and the importance of building deep relationships with clients and other industry participants.
- Be proactive, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a strong securities litigation lawyer to join a high quality and very popular City firm.