Our client is a leading alternative legal service provider, and they are currently keen to speak with experienced Scottish qualified banking lawyer who would consider flexible contract and consultancy work with a leading international law firm.
Candidates must be Scottish qualified with upwards of 8 years’ PQE and possess a broad banking law skillset. Ideally candidates should be available immediately or at short notice and be looking for flexible work.
The successful candidate will be working with a highly regarded International firm in advising on small to medium sized deals with a Scottish law element. The deals could cover a broad spectrum of banking matters, but are highly likely to include real estate finance elements and some corporate lending. Due to some significant legal changes coming into effect next year on the law of security in Scotland, the firm is looking for a senior or ex-partner level lawyer to assist in signing off these matters autonomously.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Qualification as a Solicitor in Scotland
- Upwards of 8 years’ PQE focusing broad banking matters, but to include real estate finance and corporate lending
- A broad range of banking law experience gained in private practice or busy in house organisations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously
- The ability to start a new role immediately or at short notice
- A genuine interest in securing flexible, project based work
Successful candidates can work fully remotely or on a hybrid basis but should be based within England, Wales or Scotland.