This is an opportunity to join an industry leading, world-renowned law firm as a Risk Lawyer- in London. You will be supporting the Head of Risk and Compliance to manage the risk framework and provide advice on regulatory matters that impact the firm.
- Managing claims and complaints, liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with GDPR compliance including SARs.
- Reviewing contracts, engagement letters, terms of business, etc.
- Advising on all risk and compliance matters, including AML, sanctions, bribery and corruption, etc.
- Supporting other Risk lawyers in ensuring the Firm’s compliance with its regulatory obligations across its global offices.
- Monitoring legal and regulatory developments and implementing changes.
- Reviewing the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Promoting best practices throughout the firm.
- Delivering firm-wide compliance training.
- Assisting other Risk lawyers supporting Firm projects such as the opening of international offices.
- Auditing client files to ensure requirements are met.
- Various compliance project work.
- The firm require a qualified lawyer with relevant experience preferably within an internal Risk team at an international law firm.
- Strong academics, demonstrable drafting skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of SRA regulation.
- Working knowledge of data protection and data privacy law and regulation.
- Risk management experience preferably gained in an international law firm or in-house in an international business.
- Proven dispute resolution experience (professional negligence and/or professional indemnity and/or in house claims management).