This is an exciting opportunity for a Risk & Compliance Officer to join a nationally recognised law firm and join the office based in Kent. This role offers a candidate the opportunity to build on their existing knowledge of AML, Conflicts, SRA and various CDD via working closely with senior members in their risk and compliance team.
- Collecting and reviewing CDD for new clients and undertaking CDD.
- Carrying out in-depth research in respect of clients and matters.
- Undertaking periodic reviews of PEPs using various sources.
- Providing guidance to fee-earners in relation to source of funds for transactional matters.
- Analysing potential conflicts of interest, by using conflicts database searches.
- Being alert to conflicts and ensuring these are handled appropriately.
- Managing the resolution of conflict issues until escalation to the senior analysts is required.
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the SRA Standards and Regulations
- Ensuring the firm complies with its Compliance and AML/CFT legal regulatory obligations.
- Handling and dealing with enquiries from fee earners and support staff.
- At least 1 year of experience within a similar compliance role.
- Preferably a degree qualification in law, with an interest in pursuing a career in compliance.