Our client is a niche legal practice that services landlords for both residential and commercial property litigious matters.
A natural go-to for many high-profile property owners, this firm prides itself on its outstanding client services and depth of knowledge.
With experienced solicitors at the helm – this firm looks to the future and seeks to identify an experienced Solicitor to join their Residential team, with the view to long term succession planning.
The residential team is incredibly busy – and the Director of the team is looking to appoint a Solicitor to assist them in overseeing the rest of the team in Birmingham, which consists of legal assistants and paralegals.
The role will involve the following:
- Debt Recovery – Small claims/Fast-Track/Multi-Track
- Breach of Lease: County Court Action/FTT Action
- Forfeiture & Possession Proceedings
- Lease Extensions
- Lease variations
- FTT applications
- Lease Analysis
- Enforcement of Judgments
- Appointment of Manager Applications
- Providing advice to clients re Major works consultation/s20b notices/lease variations/lease structure/notices of repairs
- Supporting the Pre-Litigation team with queries
- Staff Training
The successful candidate will be able to exhibit the following skills/knowledge/qualifications at interview stage:
- UK qualified solicitor or Legal Executive offering a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Experience in the areas of work covered below (Strictly Long Leasehold)
- A working knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules, a familiarity with leases and enforcement of judgments
- Must be familiar with the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985/1987 (Long Leasehold) and the Commonhold & Leasehold Reform Act 2002
- It would be advantageous if they have the knowledge of:
- The RTM Process and Structure
- The Companies Act 2006
- Key Case Law Surrounding Leasehold Legislation
- Proactive, self-motivated, organised, and reliable
- A strong academic background
- Excellent but concise communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Strong organisation and administration skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads effectively.
- Possess attention to detail.
- A friendly and personable approach with colleagues and clients, and an ability to deal with matters sensitively and explain complex issues to clients.
- Ability to work either alone or collaboratively with other team members, and to use initiative and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Strong IT and document management skills, and ability to pick up new systems quickly.
This is an unusual opportunity for a Solicitor who is ambitious and keen to work with leaders in this area of law.