Our client is a well-regarded offshore firm that is looking to hire a qualified lawyer to join their Regulatory and Tax team in the BVI as an Associate, for a 12 month FTC. Whilst the role is initially for a contract of 12 months, there is potential for further extension or permanency, although this is not guaranteed.
The successful candidate will join a market leading team well-respected for their experience in financial services, tax regulatory and anti-money laundering compliance.
In joining the team, the successful lawyer can expect to be involved in:
- Supporting partners and senior lawyers with research, matter administration and drafting
- Contributing to the development of the regulatory and tax practice in the BVI
- Developing a strong understanding of offshore and international regulatory and tax laws, specifically relevant to the BVI
Candidates should be able to demonstrate prior experience in advising on matters including economic substance, tax information exchange, banking and payment services and financial services. Exposure to working with regulators and tax authorities would also be beneficial, but not essential.
In addition to the above, it is likely that the successful candidate will:
- Be qualified in England & Wales
- Possess between 1-4 years’ PQE in tax and FS regulatory matters (although candidates outside this PQE will also be considered)
- Have gained their experience within a notable law firm or in house setting
- Be committed to furthering their career in the BVI
- Possess a genuine desire to commit to a 12 month fixed term contract
The firm will provide relocation assistance.
This represents a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to join a well-respected team in the BVI.