Our client is a highly respected commercial firm looking for a Real Estate Associate with between 1-3 years PQE for an initial contract of 6-12 months with the potential to become a permanent position after the initial term has ended. The team has a good track record of retaining lawyers who started on a contract basis onto a permanent employment basis.
The successful associate will have an opportunity to join a successful, established real estate team made up of 2 partners, 5 senior associates, 1 associate and 1 trainee solicitor. The London core property team has a diverse range of clients including banks/lenders, corporate occupiers, high net worth individuals, property developers, investors across a range of sectors including retail, leisure, transport, logistics, education, health, and the public sector. Any experience advising similar clients in these sectors would be of great interest.
The successful associate can expect to support on complex, market leading transactions (notably within the logistic sector) as well as have responsibility for their own caseload of transactions including acquisitions, disposals, landlord and tenant lease negotiations and lending transactions.
Common responsibilities of the role include:
- Acting for banks/lenders in relation to investment finance, development finance and cash flow lending.
- Acquisitions and disposals of investment property
- Negotiation of leases and associated landlord and tenant documents
- Dealing with the development and requisite documentation
- Property portfolio management including licences, consents and granting of underleases.
- Reviewing, reporting and advising on title matters.
- Advising on heads of terms
- Providing support to other teams within the firm such as Banking, Corporate and Insolvency and Restructuring.
It is likely that successful candidates are qualified lawyers in England & Wales or another commonwealth jurisdiction (such as Australia or New Zealand, for instance); have between 1-3 years’ PQE and possess experience in handling commercial real estate caseloads from notable City or strong regional firms. It is also likely that the successful associate will have a willingness and aptitude to learn and develop their knowledge and skills in all areas previously mentioned. They must be organised and be able to prioritise tasks and work under pressure. Excellent communication skills are a must, alongside an ability to both work as part of a team and independently.