We are acting for one of the world’s largest and most prestigious law firms. Their award-winning, top ranked international real estate finance practice has a reputation for executing some of the largest and most high-profile property finance transactions in the market.
The London team is super busy, and due to this, having already recruited several additional Associates, are now looking for an additional Senior Associate.
If you are a Real Estate Finance lawyer, this role might be attractive to you for three main reasons:
- Variety: This is a more varied practice than most of their similarly-sized competitors who might handle just borrower or lender work. This team handles a wide range of both borrower and lender matters including senior and mezzanine debt and investment work across a number of geographies including the UK, Ireland, Europe and Russia;
- It’s a good home for somebody who wants to work on headline deals – they work with leading lenders and leading sponsors; these are the sort of transactions you will see every day on the business pages;
- Support: the partners in the team care about the team and have a coaching mind set; they want Associates to feel valued, they look after their people and try to accommodate their desires to work on the sorts of matters they want to work on or pursue experience in areas of interest. They’ll give you as much responsibility as you want and are ready for. The team is strong, close-knit and has a reputation for being non-hierarchical and a sensible team to work in with no culture of presenteeism. Partners are appreciative of Associate efforts and will acknowledge hard work as appropriate.
In order to be considered for a role in this this sought after team, you will have:
- Trained and probably gained at least five years’ post-qualification experience in the Real Estate Finance team of a City, international, or strong regional law firm;
- Willingness to learn and the ability to work hard;
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach;
- First rate drafting skills;
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment; and
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner;