We are working with a multi-office New Zealand national firm with a clearly defined reputation focussed on large scale, often nationally significant projects work.
The firm is well known for its work in the energy and electricity sectors, as well as their considerable expertise in major urban development and infrastructure projects. Unlike many larger and New Zealand firms, which purport to offer a full service to their clients, this firm specialises in project work. They don’t hire junior lawyers or leverage, but hire mid-senior level practitioners, lawyers who know their business and who can be trusted. This is a firm where you will be treated like an adult, and progress your career within an environment where you’ll be surrounded by like-minded, expert, senior lawyers.
Due to steady and growing client demand for their services, the firm is looking for additional Associate or Senior Associate Projects lawyers, with specific experience in either Property, Construction, or Planning.
In order to be considered for this superb opportunity, you will have:
- Qualification as a solicitor in a common law jurisdiction (most likely England & Wales or Australia), though applicants from other jurisdictions with appropriate experience will be considered also – applicants from New Zealand will definitely be of interest!.
- Gained at least 5 and up to 12 years’ experience (which may include your training contract, if there is one in your jurisdiction) in Property, Planning, Construction, or Projects law, most likely from a well-regarded firm in your current jurisdiction.
- A willingness to learn and ability to work hard, along with a common sense, down-to-earth approach.
- First rate drafting skills.
- Commerciality and the aptitude to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment.
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner.
Successful applicants will be rewarded with a top of the market salary, sponsorship, and assistance with relocation to New Zealand for the applicant and their family. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to relocate with family to NZ, and to progress your career with a leading team.