Our client is a premium New Zealand firm. Their top ranked Property & Construction team is known for advising on the country’s most significant, complex, and high profile real estate and development projects.
The team focuses on advising institutional property owners. domestic and offshore REITs, superannuation and sovereign wealth funds, high net worth families and other real estate investors, developers and occupiers on commercial property development, sales and leasing and all associated construction and finance work.
The team is tremendously busy. Now that New Zealand’s borders are open, Associates are leaving to explore the world, leading to at least two vacancies in their Auckland-based team for high quality property and/or construction lawyers.
They are very interested in solicitors qualified in other common-law jurisdictions, particularly Australia, England & Wales, Ireland, Scotland, and Canada. In order to be considered you will have:
- Qualified as a solicitor in a common law jurisdiction (probably Australia, England & Wales, Ireland, Scotland, Canada, or South Africa, though applicants from other jurisdictions with appropriate experience will be considered also);
- Gained at least 4 and up to 10 years’ experience (which may include your training contract, if there is one in your jurisdiction) in property and/or construction law, most likely gained from a well-regarded firm in your current jurisdiction;
- Willingness to learn and the ability to work hard along with a common sense, down-to-earth approach;
- First rate drafting skills;
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment; and
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner.
This is a sensational opportunity for a common law-qualified Property and/or Construction lawyer to move to a very highly regarded New Zealand team. Sponsorship, a contribution to relocation costs, an excellent salary and benefits offering, high quality work, and genuine long term career prospects await successful applicants.