An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global law firm as project manager. This is a challenging and rewarding role where you will have accountability for all aspects of a project including managing costs, timescales, resources and benefits. The successful individual will be able to manage one or more projects concurrently and be able to lead them from initiation through to closure. You will be managing all types of projects including changes to technology, processes, operating model or data and reporting. This is a business facing role that requires strong stakeholder management skills
- Delivering projects as directed by the Portfolio Office
- Working with Business Change and taking responsibility for the definition, documentation and the clear traceability of project requirements
- Estimating costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project(s)
- Ensuring that realistic project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained
- Maintaining effective financial and project progress forecasting, and reports as appropriate
- Providing effective leadership to the project team
- Establishing the appropriate governance to ensure that robust decision making is taking place
- Working within the delivery framework ensuring that all required documentation is produced and all necessary approvals are in place
- Ensuring the project defines the objectives, solutions, and benefits, and identifies the resources and budget requirements to be able to develop a structured business case.
- Ensuring that project controls are in place to manage the project scope, budget, timescales, resources, risks / issues and quality.
- Implementing an appropriate stakeholder management and communications plan to ensure that progress, decisions and risks are transparent
- Developing business change readiness and benefit realisation plans with the project sponsor and/or business owner
- Ensuring all project reporting is completed in a timely manner and at a consistent standard to ensure all key stakeholders are kept informed of project progress, risks and issues
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of managing complex projects in a structured way. Proven planning and organisational skills
- Understands and can demonstrate application of key project management governance, controls, responsibilities, methods, lifecycles, tools and techniques, to plan and deliver operational execution
- Able to deploy best practice project management and business change theory as appropriate
- Comfortable handling multiple projects and competing priorities while operating in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Able to identify, interpret and resolve common issues with minimal supervision
- Anticipates the consequences of situations and plans accordingly
- Able to develop and implement detailed plans
- Able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships, internally and externally
- Able to influence how an activity or a process gets done by exchanging information and working through others
This role will suit somebody driven to succeed, self-motivated, adaptable and able to work alone and as part of a team. It requires a strong leader who is good at managing people and possesses excellent communication skills and stakeholder management abilities.
The company is offering a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package.