Our client is a fast-growing and very highly regarded international law firm.
Their Energy Finance team focuses on the energy, oil & gas, renewables and construction sectors, representing international clients on a range of transactions worldwide, with a particular focus on sub-Saharan Africa. Clients include major oil & gas companies, construction companies, offshore service contractors and rig owners.
The team is growing under ambitious and exciting leadership and is looking for an additional Associate/Senior Associate to assist at a senior level in supervision of more junior Associates and business development as the team grows.
As such, the successful candidate will be a core member of the team, and will work closely with various other practice areas, including corporate teams and international offices. The ideal candidate will have experience of working with clients within the oil and gas industry, advising on trade and project finance (where international, both virtually and in person).
In addition, you will have:
- Strong academics and a genuine interest in the energy and commodities sectors.
- Trained and gained probably between 4 and 7 years’ PQE at a rated international or City firm with a good reputation for banking and finance work within the energy sector.
- Excellent legal ability and initiative.
- Strong technical skills, and attention to detail.
- Confidence in managing and prioritising a full and varied caseload.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to form productive working relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- Knowledge of trade finance transactions would be beneficial.