Our client, the London office of a US headquartered firm, is one of the most prestigious law firms in the world.
A longstanding member of the global elite, the firm’s private funds team in London is closely integrated with the global funds and corporate practices. In London their client base comprises a 50/50 mix of investor and sponsor clients, including sovereign wealth funds and big players focused on a broad range of assets including renewable energy, emerging markets, private equity, real estate, and debt. Work is flooding through via the global network and due to the pipeline of new and existing work and strategic growth plans, they are recruiting multiple Associates from 2 to 6 PQE.
If you are successful in your application, you will have the opportunity to join a top-tier firm in developing their private funds practice in London. There will be an opportunity for you to choose your path and work in areas of most interest to you, within a very high-quality, growing local team, and a well-established global funds/corporate group.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Strong academics and a high level of intellectual rigour;
- Training and between 2 and 6 years’ post-qualification experience gained within a strong funds practice at a Magic Circle, Silver Circle, City, US or international firm;
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach;
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment; and
- The gravitas and ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner.
While funds counsel experience is preferred, if you are a strong local counsel funds lawyer with a background gained from Luxembourg, the Channel Islands, or Cayman your experience may be of interest too.