Our client, a US headquartered firm, are one of the most prestigious law firms in the world, and their global Private Equity practice is recognised by the industry as being one of only a very small number of elite, market leaders in this field. Clients include many of the highest profile private equity funds, sovereign wealth funds and pension funds, as well as family offices and other equity financial investors.
The partners in this team are giants in the industry, and act for a number of sponsors, sovereign wealth funds and family offices, as well as corporates, start-ups and growth companies, advising them on complex, high-value cross border private equity matters across the deal spectrum.
Due to significant and maintained growth, they are now looking for additional Private Equity Associates to join their top ranked London office. In order to be considered for a role in this prestigious team, you will have
- Strong academics and a high level of intellectual rigour
- Training and 2-5 years’ post-qualification experience in transactional Private Equity matters, probably from a peer US or international firm
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Confidence in your own abilities and the gravitas and ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner
Note that our client is looking for pure private equity lawyers; not candidates with a mix of corporate experience. Foreign-qualified lawyers may be of interest, providing they have already gained high quality Private Equity experience from a law firm in the London market. Ideally though, the PE partners are looking for Associates who have qualified and have experience gained in the City.
This position attracts market-leading remuneration, and is a premium opportunity to join a market leading law firm.