One of the world’s largest and most prestigious law firms are looking for an additional Corporate mid-senior level Associate to join their Private Equity team, regularly rated as one of the best in the City.
The team is recognised for advising on high-end and mid-market private equity for a blue chip client base, including PE funds and PE-backed companies, other key fund clients, and private equity backed portfolio companies. The practice is thriving, and in order to resource a boom in transactions forecast well into 2022, an opportunity has arisen for an additional mid-senior (probably 4-7 PQE) Associate.
The successful candidate will work closely with the firm’s core private equity partners on private equity transactions including MBOs, LBOs, auction sales, management equity arrangements, public to privates as well as providing general corporate advice to portfolio companies. The candidate will also have the opportunity to become involved in business development activities (both formal pitches and more socially) as the firm’s private equity offering continues to grow.
In order to be considered for a role in this high-quality team, you will have:
- Trained and probably gained between four and seven years’ post-qualification experience in the corporate team of a City, international, or strong regional law firm.
- The ability to lead private equity deals for fund investor clients.
- Familiarity with key PE drafting and market practice.
- A seasoned understanding of the drivers of PE funds and the ability to advise them according to those drivers.
- The ability to support the wider team in pitching, marketing and thought leadership activities.
- Some experience in supervising and developing more Junior Associates and Trainees; certainly you will be able to delegate and manage work appropriately, co-ordinate matters or work streams and acting (as appropriate) as lead associate on some client matters, and as part of a larger team on others.
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach.
- First rate drafting skills.
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment.
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner.