Our client is a growing tech company which software services are offered in the UK, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. This is an opportunity for a Lawyer to transition their legal skills into an operations role, working alongside the Head of Legal, technical, product and other teams. You will use your legal expertise, knowledge and know-how to help to negotiate commercial agreements, create, design and improve content and other services provided by our client.
To be considered suitable, you will:
- Be a Lawyer qualified in England & Wales or another Commonwealth Law jurisdiction with private client experience of a minimum of 2 years, particularly estate planning.
- Provide support to the legal and product teams regarding review, drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts.
- Advise the business regarding changes in laws and regulations.
- Have a keen interest in technology, software and systems and enjoy a position where you will use your legal expertise to improve content, product and delivery.
- Be a confident and strong communicator and have the gravitas to work with a variety of clients such as SMEs, professional services and top tier law firms.
- Have a character that is innovative, and which enjoys working closely with other senior members of the team.
- Have a naturally inquisitive character for technology and systems.
- Be logical in your thinking and able to break down information with a view to looking at improving processes, suggesting new ideas and implementing change.
- Enjoy providing legal onboarding and training to clients as well as writing legal content and contributing to marketing campaigns and promotional materials.
You will also:
- Be a strong communicator and comfortable dealing with a variety of internal and external senior people.
- Have excellent attention to detail. This is a must, and the business relies on the quality of its content and best practice.
- Be ready to jump in, confident in your experience and be a self-starter.
Our client is on a trajectory of strong growth globally and in particular jurisdictions and this is a great time to be joining. There are plenty of benefits and incentives, some of which are:
- A competitive salary.
- A 4 day work week with no reduction in salary. The CEO champions this working model.
- Work 2 days a week from home.
- An invigorating career opportunity at the heart of a growing business, offering longer term career prospects.
A really great team. Personality fit is key for our client, so you’ll need to like having fun and enjoy a good sense of humour.