Want to join a leading global law firm on its transitional journey to become the firm of the future?
The Business and Service Delivery function is now looking to appoint a Portfolio Manager, who will develop and manage the operational mechanisms that ensure good visibility, governance and delivery of all projects that form the firm’s Change Portfolio. They are looking for an articulate and experienced individual, who will be able to manage stakeholders of all levels and will be an integral part of the specialist management team, while promoting the value add of the wider function.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Being accountable for the successful management of the key portfolio demand and change processes, from ideation through to delivery
- Working with stakeholders to ensure adherence to the key change processes; escalating and resolving any non-compliance
- Working with Change Guides to assure consistency of approach to new work and ensure adherence to correct process for initiation / assessment of work.
- To have management responsibility for a team of specialists, who are responsible for the ongoing support to portfolio delivery and benefits management
- Working with PMOs and delivery teams to ensure all steering, project meetings are supported, producing consistent and actionable outcome
Portfolio management inc. Reporting
- Working with Finance team to ensure all regular inputs are received to produce meaningful reporting on portfolio spend / benefits
- Acting as a touchpoint for agreed functions in management of their change portfolio and accurate reflection to the wider portfolio; assess and treat any changes to requirements via escalation to relevant bodies
- Ensuring all artefacts that support change gates are available, such as business/value case and cost budget/forecast
- Establishing appropriate PPM tooling that utilises the Microsoft suite of applications and where appropriate become the custodian of those systems to standardise their adoption across the Project Delivery community
- Acting as secretariat to the Change Steering Board(s), ensuring all meetings are diarised, papers issued and accurate actions captured / published
- Working closely with Head of Portfolio Delivery in producing reporting for multiple audiences in multiple formats
- Reviewing effectiveness of all change processes, initiating continuous improvement activity where necessary
- Working with Portfolio Delivery team to assess and update processes to fit with future operating models, especially those that govern the initiation and delivery of digital services
- Able to develop repeatable structures that support the diarised requirements of the business in governance and reporting. For example, all project manager reporting ready to output from system on designated monthly date
- Able to build trust and rapport to develop effective relationships, internally and externally
- Have significant experience of managing a diverse group of stakeholders with often competing requirements
- Knowledge and experience of assuring compliance and risk in the context of change activities
- Budget management experience, with particular focus on management reporting of tracking to budget / forecast