Our client is a major UK headquartered global law firm with an established and longstanding reputation. Their UK Planning team handles a wide range of work for different areas of the firm, and due to ongoing client demand, they are now looking for an additional Senior Associate to focus on primarily on Real Estate Development work (with some opportunity to assist on Energy/Infrastructure). The ideal candidate might be based in London or Bristol.
In this role you’ll have a lead role supporting Partners in the Planning practice advising on planning for major developments, including initial strategy and application review, statutory agreements, CIL, planning appeals and call-ins and judicial reviews. You will have the opportunity to work on projects in all sectors, including all forms of housing, offices, retail, data centres and logistics, and some exposure to our energy and infrastructure work. The role will involve regularly working with colleagues across the firm, including in the wider market-leading Real Estate and Energy teams as part of dedicated client and sector teams. The team operates on a UK basis, and acts for some of the largest investors, developers, occupiers and land owners. Depending on the specifics of your focus and experience, there is potential for this role to be tailored to your strengths.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
- Qualified as a solicitor and gained at least 5 years’ PQE within a recognised planning department, ideally with a strong regeneration and redevelopment focus;
- The ambition to succeed and commitment investing the time and care needed to grow and maintain successful client relationships;
- A strong academic background;
- Sound judgement and good interpersonal/consultancy skills; and
- The ability to communicate succinctly and form strong working relationships with clients and colleagues.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven senior Planning lawyer to progress their career within a highly supportive environment. There is room in the team for the person in this role to find a track to Partnership.