Our client is a major UK headquartered global law firm with an established and longstanding reputation. Their UK Planning team handles a wide range of work for different areas of the firm, and due to ongoing client demand, they are now looking for two additional Associates.
In this role you’ll support Partners in the Planning practice in delivering major energy & infrastructure and development projects, Development Consent Orders (DCOs), Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) and compensation matters, planning applications and appeals, s36 consents, marine licences, Environmental impact Assessments, and Habitats Regulation Assessments, public local inquiries, judicial review, asset protection matters, and some major real estate and energy/infrastructure transactions.
The role will involve regularly working on major projects and transactions with colleagues across the firm, including in the wider Real Estate and Energy teams. The team acts for some of the largest developers, energy companies, utilities and public sector bodies, and currently enjoys several high-profile DCO and major project mandates.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have:
- Qualified as a solicitor and gained ideally up to 5 years’ PQE within a recognised planning department.
- Demonstrable interest and enthusiasm for energy & infrastructure consent work.
- Ideally DCO and/or CPO experience.
- A strong academic background.
- The ambition to succeed and commitment investing the time and care needed to grow and maintain successful client relationships.
- Sound judgement and good interpersonal/consultancy skills.
- The ability to communicate succinctly and form strong working relationships with clients and colleagues.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven Planning lawyer to quickly gain experience and progress their career within a highly supportive environment. The role will involve working closely with a variety of Partners, Associates and Trainees across the firm.
For further information or for a confidential discussion please get in touch.