Our client is a large and prestigious law firm.
Their Pensions department is very highly regarded, and acts for companies and trustees across all sectors. They have a track record of working with professional advisers and public and regulatory bodies on the most complex, strategically important and reputationally risky pensions matters. Their experience spans the pensions implications of financing, insolvency, public and administrative law, tax and also incorporates pensions litigation where required.
Although the team’s work is impressive, global and sometimes high profile, the team is close-knit, successful and supportive. The majority of their work is interesting and strategic advisory work, rather than corporate support; so lacks the “deal-driven” culture and mindset which can sometimes pervade a corporate-focused department.
Due to client demand, the team now has a vacancy for a Junior-Mid level Associate.
This is a tremendous opportunity to grow your career with a market leader. In order to be considered you will have:
- Trained and probably gained between two and five years’ post-qualification experience in contentious and/or non-contentious pensions matters at a City or regional firm with a well-regarded pensions practice (candidates with more experience may also be of interest).
- A very strong academic background.
- A sharp, enquiring mind, and accurate analytical, advisory, and drafting skills.
- The ability to grasp difficult legal concepts, see issues from a commercial perspective, and communicate legal advice effectively.
- A common sense, down-to-earth approach.
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner.
Please note that this is a pensions-specific role – candidates won’t be required to lead on employment and/or employee remuneration and incentives matters.”