Our client is a major UK headquartered global law firm with an established and longstanding reputation in all the markets in which it operates.
Their UK pensions law practice i is large (over 75 fee earners) and ranked highly in both Chambers and the Legal 500. An opportunity has now arisen within it for an additional high quality Pensions Associate or Senior Associate to join the London team.
The team advises trustees and employers on all aspects of pension schemes (both defined benefit and defined contribution). They also handle pensions de-risking transactions (including buy-in and buy-out arrangements, longevity products and scheme consolidation).
The team also handles pensions litigation “in-house” (unlike many competitors), meaning they can advise clients in full on any potentially contentious issues and provides a balanced approach to their advice, and also means Associates in the team get a well-rounded experience of “both sides” of any Pensions matter.
In order to be successful in your application, you will be a qualified lawyer, with experience from and currently at a respected City firm or overseas equivalent. You will mostly likely have:
- At least 4 years’ PQE (for the right person, there is no upper limit of PQE);
- A demonstrable interest and enthusiasm for the pensions market;
- Excellent relevant experience from a recognised pensions law team;
- A strong academic background;
- Excellent communication skills;
- The ability to maintain high levels of accuracy and attention to detail;
- An ambition to succeed , and commitment to client relationship management and business development; and
- The ability to prioritise and operate a well organised individual practice.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Pensions associate or Senior associate to join a market leading, supportive and collaborative team, in which you will receive exceptional training and career development opportunities, and the ability to be involved in a wide range of high-quality advisory and disputes work and cutting edge de-risking transactions.