One of our premium clients, a leading international law firm with a particular strength in the life sciences and technology industry, is seeking a Patents Associate to join its very highly regarded International Patents group. The firm’s team is dominant across Europe, such as in jurisdictions with particular patent litigation strength such as Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and the UK, so the work promises to have an interesting cross-border element. In addition, the variety of the work is provided by the impressive range of clients from technology focused industries such as biotech, medical devised, automotive, electronics, pharma and many more. The team is consistently highly ranked by the legal directories for this practice area, as well as several others.
For this role, the work will be mainly contentious, including High Court patent litigation and advising clients pre-action. However, there are also potential opportunities to work on non-contentious patent matters for the right candidate, which would include drafting agreements, regulatory advice and corporate support for M&A.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be between 1 – 6 years’ PQE, with a solid background in Intellectual Property and a clear emphasis on patent litigation work;
- Have strong academics and excellent technical abilities, honed while training at a equally highly regarded City firm;
- Be confident dealing with clients directly, as the associate will frequently be a primary point of contact.
- Having a scientific background is beneficial, but not required;
- Be highly self-motivated, while also possessing strong team collaboration skills.
This innovative firm can offer the right candidate an excellent path of career progression, as well as a myriad of perks as to be expected from a premium international firm.