Our client is a specialist European intellectual property firm, recognised internationally for its work assisting organisations to leverage their intellectual property rights throughout the world. Their Associates, drawn from both solicitors and patent attorneys, combine legal and technological expertise with a deep understanding of technology to help their clients internationally achieve their commercial goals.
Culturally, the firm is a fun place to be. It’s a true mix of solicitors and patent attorneys, both with scientific backgrounds and all engaged and passionate about technology. This makes for a very happily geeky environment.
The firm hires Associates on the basis that they have the potential to make Partner, and employees coming from the IP litigation teams at other, larger firms are pleasantly surprised at the collegial, supportive, and career-enhancing environment they find.
Due to an internal promotion and the departure of an Associate to an in-house client, the firm’s dedicated Dispute Resolution team is now looking for at least one additional Associate.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Trained and qualified (or be about to qualify) as a lawyer in a city or well-regarded international firm;
- Experience in intellectual property and predominantly patent litigation.
- Exposure to the life sciences and/or tech sectors.
- A strong academic background, including a STEM degree and the ability to demonstrate a high level of intellectual rigour.
- Intellectual curiosity, with an interest and passion for technology and its intersection with the law.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to connect and collaborate with colleagues and clients at all levels.
Common law-qualified lawyers with relevant experience would be very welcome; the firm is able and willing to sponsor appropriate candidates.