Our client, an international law firm with a strong presence in Australia, is seeking a talented Mid-Senior Level Non-Contentious Construction Lawyer to join their growing team in Sydney. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in non-contentious construction law, with experience advising on complex infrastructure and construction projects.
- Advising clients on non-contentious construction matters, including drafting and negotiating construction contracts, project agreements, and ancillary documentation;
- Providing advice on procurement and tendering processes, project finance, and project delivery models;
- Managing and coordinating large-scale construction projects and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships and collaborating with cross-functional teams;
- Conducting legal research and providing advice on legal developments in the construction industry
In order to be considered for this role you will need the right to work in Australia; unfortunately sponsorship is not available for this position. You will also need:
- A strong academic background, trained and probably gained between four and seven years’ post-qualification experience in the non-contentious construction team of a high quality law firm;
- Broad experience of non-contentious construction work, ideally including experience drafting and negotiating construction contracts, project agreements, and ancillary documentation;
- The ability to manage numerous matters concurrently, and work across multiple sectors;
- Willingness to learn and the ability to work hard along with a common sense, down-to-earth approach;
- First rate drafting skills;
- Commerciality and the ability to work in a sometimes fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment; and
- The ability to deal with clients and colleagues in a relaxed and confident manner.
This is a sensational opportunity for a New Zealand or Australian lawyer to move to a very highly regarded Sydney team. An excellent salary and benefits offering, high quality work, and genuine long term career prospects await successful applicants.