A Merchant Payments Fintech is looking for an MLRO to join their team in London and continue the development of their Financial Crime processes and policies. This will be a hands-on role, allowing you to get involved in developing their International Financial Crime Program as they look to develop their international offices.
The role is based in London (City) and is very flexible regarding remote working. The current expectation is 1 day a week in the office, however that may increase to 2 or 3 days a week over the next 12/18 months.
- Developing and maintaining the Company’s AML and Financial Crime Framework in line with evolving statutory and regulatory obligations.
- Providing advice and assistance to other functions dealing with AML related matters.
- Understanding and having continuing knowledge of all local AML requirements to ensure that the AML program is consistent and updated with changes in local laws, regulations, and rules.
- Acting as a prime liaison point with key stakeholders.
- Responding to any ad-hoc external and/or internal requests.
- Minimum of 5 Years’ Experience within Fintech and or Payments firm.
- Prior experience as a registered MLRO or DMLRO would be highly desirable.
- Experienced in hiring and building financial crime teams.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills.