Our client is an international law firm with a strong reputation in insurance.
Their specialist marine insurance team assists multi-national clients and their insurers and reinsurers in relation to their global exposure to insurance claims. Due to an increase in instructions on charterparty disputes, they are now looking for an additional Mid-Senior level Associate to be based in the London office.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Strong academics, intellectual rigour and strong technical and research skills
- Trained at a rated City or regional firm, most likely one with a good reputation for shipping and insurance disputes work.
- The successful candidate should have 3+PQE of either shipping litigation experience and in particular experience of acting on charterparty disputes.
- Litigation experience involving commodities and international trade disputes would be highly regarded, but candidates with a keen interest in this area are encouraged to apply.
- The ability to adopt a proactive approach and take initiative.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage a busy, complex case load.
Common law-qualified lawyers with relevant experience would be very welcome. The firm is able and willing to sponsor if required.