We are engaged in a search for experienced Litigation Lawyer (with exposure to handling energy or utilities related disputes) who would be interested in joining a well-regarded energy and utilities company in Saudi Arabia on a secondment contract. The contract is for an open-ended duration but is likely to run for a minimum of 12 months, potentially much longer, and will be based in Saudi Arabia.
The successful Litigation Lawyer will be a vital member of the company’s legal team and can expect to be involved in a full range of litigation matters, especially relating to energy or utilities disputes. Prior exposure to working with clients in the Middle East or KSA within the energy and/or utilities sectors would be of notable interest. An understanding of the regulatory push and pull factors within KSA would also be beneficial.
Ideally, candidates will be able to speak Arabic fluently, however very strong candidates without Arabic language skills will also be considered.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Qualification as a solicitor
- Upwards of 7 years’ PQE
- A wealth of experience in advising on an array of commercial litigation matters, particularly those relating to energy or utilities disputes
- Experience gained within leading international law firms or notable In House organisations
- Exposure to working with clients in the Middle East and/or KSA
- Fluency in Arabic (ideally)
- The ability to commit to a contract role on an ongoing basis, based in Saudi Arabia