Our client is a boutique disputes firm based in London. They are looking to secure an Associate/Senior Associate of 5+PQE on a contract basis to start ASAP for c.3-4 months.
The firm has a diverse client base, which ranges from SMEs and private individuals to multinational corporations, many of whom are leading European and global brands. A lot of their work is international or multi-jurisdictional and involves acting for claimants.
The successful candidate will need to possess a high level of experience in handling witness statements and managing a large litigation team. Any competition disputes experience is highly desirable.
Successful candidates can expect to take an active role in a portfolio of cases in the Commercial Disputes and Competition Disputes practice. They will deal with claims at the pre-litigation stage, including preparing claim forms and particulars of claim; engaging in pre-action protocol correspondence and dialogues; managing large-scale disclosure exercises as well as contributing to settlement negotiations.
Ideally, candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- Qualification as a Solicitor in England & Wales or another commonwealth jurisdiction, such as Australia or New Zealand, for instance
- Upwards of 5 years’ PQE gained within top tier disputes teams
- Experience in handling a vast commercial litigation and/or competition disputes caseload
- Experience in acting for claimants in litigation
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously
- The ability to start a new role immediately or at short notice