Our client, a transatlantic law firm is looking to hire a junior Associate in its market-leading banking & finance practice in New York.
The team represents private equity sponsors, their portfolio companies, corporate issuers and borrowers, lenders and other financial institutions in the full range of debt finance transactions throughout the capital stack. You will have an opportunity to make a meaningful difference to the growth of our Leveraged Finance and PE practice which is one of the most strategically important practices of this law firm. Deal teams are relatively lean compared to work on other kinds of transactions.
This law firm is particularly known for its excellent training and support from Seniors. There is no hierarchy – whereby Partners respect junior associates and they let you have the responsibility of getting the right level of work that they think you are ready for. The firm is genuinely global and truly collaborative, with great reviews coming from current employees and alumni. At this firm, you will be recognized for your work and be rewarded for it as well.
- Substantive experience representing private equity sponsors, corporate borrowers and/or lenders in a full range of debt finance transactions, including acquisition financings, ABLs, term loan facilities, senior and mezz, dividend and other recapitalizations and refinancing.
- Prior experience as a key member of deal teams is preferred, including having taken responsibility for running signings and closings, taking “the pen” on drafting and negotiating debt commitment papers and credit documentation, etc.
- Exposure to middle-market private equity transactions is helpful.
- Prior experience working across from or representing alternative credit providers and private lenders is helpful.
- Deal Sheet required
- Candidates must be qualified in New York (or have undertaken the UBE).